At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE - PROTEIN EXPRESSION & STRAIN ENGINEERING (M/F)
Have you ever seen a large-scale fermentation plant and wondered where the microbes in these tanks come from and who developed them? If you want to find out and be part of the story, then you have to join our production host development team at the international BIOMIN Research Center. You will work in an ambitious team dedicated to develop new microbial strains for the production of enzymes having a direct impact on animal health and well-being. We use state-of-the-art molecular cloning techniques to design and construct expression strains for a variety of different production hosts. The close collaboration and knowledge exchange with other departments and expert teams will keep your workday full of variety. Are you up to the challenge?
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Molecular cloning and protein expression in different expression hosts (e.g. bacteria, yeast, filamentous fungi)
- Development of enzyme activity assays and characterization of recombinant enzymes with standard molecular and microbiological techniques
- Experimental planning, data analysis and documentation of results
- Scientific knowledge exchange and team work with colleagues from other departments
- Responsibility for laboratory equipment
TO LEAVE REAL FOODPRINTS WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- Educational background in molecular biology, bioprocess technology, microbiology or biotechnology (Master’s degree or equivalent)
- Hands on experience with molecular and/or microbiological methods
- Team-based and goal-oriented work ethic and hunger for success
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills in English
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR? WE ARE PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS!
- 100% of our trust in advance
- Your working place: world class laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain.
- BIOMIN is constantly growing - since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas and opportunities for personal development and individual careers.
- Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 339
- You will be based at Tulln (Austria)
- Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 35.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
You have questions? Please contact: Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net