At BIOMIN we harness the power of science to support animal health and performance. By applying state-of-the-art and proprietary technology we deliver natural, sustainable and profitable solutions to the livestock industry. For over 35 years we have pioneered innovative solutions for mycotoxin risk management and gut performance. BIOMIN is part of ERBER Group.
To further secure our rapid growth looking for the right woman or man to fill our vacant position as
SCIENTIST BIOPROCESS DEVELOPMENT (UPSTREAM-/DOWNSTREAM) (M/F)
These are the tasks we trust in you:
- Develop and optimize bioprocesses for probiotics and recombinant protein production
- Design, perform and supervise lab-scale bioreactor processes (upstream and downstream processing)
- Support process scale-up and transfer to production
- Evaluate data and document experiments according to GDP
- Compile data overviews, presentations and reports
- Review current literature and implement new methods and techniques
TO LEAVE REAL 'FOODPRINTS' WITH US YOU NEED THE FOLLOWING SKILLS:
- PhD degree with experience in bioprocessing of bacteria and yeasts, experience with fungi would be a plus
- Experience with upstream (microbial fermentation for biomass or recombinant protein production) or downstream processing (separation, filtration, polishing steps)
- Expertise in bioreactor cultivation and in-process control, experience with bioprocess modelling would be a plus
- Experience with lab-scale fermentation is a must, large-scale fermentation know-how would be a plus
- Organized, open-minded, team player
- Good command of English is a pre-requisite
WHAT DO WE STAND FOR? WE ARE PIONEERS, PARTNERS AND PERFORMERS!
Your working place: world class laboratories with state-of-the-art equipment. As part of our ambitious scientific team you work together with the best on key topics of the global food chain. BIOMIN is constantly growing - since more than 35 years. This creates a lot of space for good ideas and opportunities for personal development and individual careers. Here are some more good reasons to work for us.
WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED TO KNOW?
- Reference Number: 530
- You will be based in Tulln (Austria)Your type of employment: 38.5 hours/week, full-time, permanent contract
- This position is available immediately however, we are happy to consider your notice period or your desired start date.
- Based on your classification in our ERBER Group career model, your professional experience and your qualification, we offer you an attractive total compensation package starting at € 45.000 gross p.a. (full-time incl. fix and variable components)
Are you ready to leave real 'foodprints‘ with us? We are looking forward to your online application.
Do you have any questions? Please contact:Ms Melanie ZORN, +43 2782 803 0
Or visit our website: www.biomin.net